Wednesday 6 January 2010

New Year's Eve

I came home in the early hours
Bruised and bleeding
My life has turned sour
Its just normality that I’m needing

Lost my valuables in the club
I’m so fucking stupid, I give up
I need a rest, a break from these drugs
That devour my senses, on my heart they tug

I’d like you to think I’m a simple girl
With composure and confidence, a love for the world
But there are so many things that I hate about me
I want to get better, I want to be free

The room was dark, the walls were moving
The euphoric feeling was too soothing
Lost my sanity and my cool
Then it passes and I look like a fool

The next day is hellish, the comedown is harsh
Feels like I’m sinking in a soul swallowing marsh
Maybe one day I’ll learn not to piss everything away
To keep my head above water, not to sink into the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment